Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Life Lately....

Hey my beautiful blogger friends! I posted yesterday for the first time in a long time. It feels good to be writing again. I wanted to update a few things on here because life has really changed for me since getting sober. I still have the same job and things are a lot better here even though this is really not what I want to do for the rest of my life. I've taken a liking to energy healing. I've been going to see an energy healer for the last couple months and she is nothing short of amazing. She is able to listen to my body and she can figure out things that I've never told anyone else. She has helped me so much and I really want to do the same for others, so I started taking courses online to get my energy healing certification. I'm really excited about this and I'm LOVING the courses. I've also become a more spiritual person. I go to church every Sunday, but there's a lot more to spirituality than that. I call upon God, Jesus, and the Archangels for everything in my life. I spend time everyday in meditation. I think it's so important for anyone, not just people in recovery to get quiet at least once a day. I do not let anyone bother me during my meditation. I always turn my phone on do not disturb and have at it. One of the apps I use for meditation is called Headspace and it's awesome. I've been using it for a little over a year now and it has helped me on my meditation journey tremendously! You can also get on youtube and search for different kinds of meditation videos. I have used those a lot too. Along with prayer and meditation, I also work out every day. I think it's so important to get your body moving at least a few times a week. I bought a spin bike and I ride it every day. I've gotten up to 7 miles and I'm working my way up. I LOVE riding my bike. Some people are runners, swimmers, etc but I've definitely found my peace in bike riding. I can just get on there and peddle away the stress of my day. It's awesome! I also read a lot! I read books on different things, but I love books about energy healing, healing with the angels, and then of course I love my scary books (Stephen King). I've benefited so much in my recovery just from reading and learning about new things that I can do. In other news, I'm now single. It was important for me to have some time to heal and get myself together before I bring another person into the mix. Addiction hurt so many of my loved ones and I'm just not willing to hurt anyone else. I want to be more emotionally stable before making a life with another.

I guess that's about it for today. I need to get back to work. See you guys tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment