Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

May The Bridges I Burn......

I'm really thinking about starting a new blog. I look at this blog and all the posts and pictures aren't really me. All those things were what I wanted people to see. I didn't want people to see who I really was. I didn't want them to see that I was struggling and slowly dying. I feel like this blog is a complete lie. All the pictures of my smiling face and posts about being happy or whatever other lies I've put on here are too much for me to stomach. I can't even read posts because it's so painful to remember that time of my life. A time of trying to fool everyone, myself included. Thank God I am not that same sad, struggling girl who lied to everyone, most of all herself. I accept my past because it is what it is and it brought me to where I am now. But Please know that I am not my past. I am a survivor who clings to life and to my higher power and to loved ones I shut out for years. I am making amends and learning how to live a life that I can be proud of. I found a quote online that is going to be my next tattoo because I think it's perfect for where I am in my life right now. It says "May the bridges I burn light my way."  So true.

1 comment:

  1. I was going to e-mail you back after your comment, but was unable to. I want you to know that I really appreciate your kind words! I also think it's absolutely wonderful that you've shared so much about your recovery. Congratulations on your sobriety! The way I see it, your blog isn't a lie. You may have posted things you wanted people to see because you didn't want them to see who you really were. However, look at who you are now! You should be so proud of yourself!! I love your future tattoo quote. It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete