Pages

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

M.I.A.

So I realize I have been M.I.A. for awhile and for that I am sorry. BUT.....You see......I FINALLY got a new job! I am working part time as a 911 Emergency Dispatcher. I am still in training but I really do like my new job title. At first I was a little overwhelmed because it is A LOT......but I have been observing and listening in on calls and little by little I am starting to understand it. In fact, I dispatched my first call today! I was so nervous, but I made it through. It wasn't a 911 call (I don't think I'm quite ready for that just yet). Although it's only a part time job, for my training I am working full time hours. So.....I have been working several 12 hour shifts a week. Let's just say that when I get home.....it's all I can do to go on my daily run. BUT I do get it done! Regardless of how many hours I work, I have been making myself get that daily run in. It's so important to me (and my sanity) to have that time to myself every day. I have reached 3 miles a day! To say I've come a long way would be an understatement. When I first started running, I had just quit smoking so I couldn't even run for a minute straight without having to walk. Last week, I reached a little over 3 miles and I was so beyond proud of myself and how far I've come. Not just in running, but in my life. I am not the same person I was a few months ago. No more living badly and smoking a pack a day. No more going to bed every night ashamed of the things I had done earlier that day. I now go to bed feeling proud and thanking God for giving me the strength and courage to get out of that bad place in my life. I'm a whole new woman......and for that.....I am truly grateful!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your running and the new job! I just started a new part time business venture that I am really excited about too and I have been training while working full time, but the commitment will be worth it! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete