Pages

Sunday, December 23, 2012

*~Random Thoughts & 2013 Goals~*

    I haven't posted anything about the tragic events that took place a week ago in Connecticut. Honestly....it's taken me awhile to be able to talk about it without completely falling apart. You see, this really hit home for me. I am a teacher to twenty precious 4-5 year old babies. There's not a day that goes by that I am not incredibly amazed by them and extremely thankful for each and every one of them. My Mama and I were discussing what I would do if something like this happened in my classroom and there's no simple answer. I would do my absolute best to protect my babies and if I came down to it I would take a bullet for them. That's what any good teacher would do {in my opinion} and that's what the precious teachers {and principal} in Connecticut did. I think that there's too much emphasis placed on evaluations and test scores {and yes those things are important} but at then end of the day they amount to so little when tragedies like this take place. We need to cherish each and every day with our sweet babies {all of our loved ones for that matter} and thank God for their health and safety.
With the new year quickly approaching, I have made a list of things I want to accomplish in 2013. Here they are!

  • I want to start running....like for real this time! I know I say that every year and I never do it.....not this year. This is my year to better myself and do the things I've always wanted to do. Life is too short not to! With that being said, I want to put back some extra money each month so I can buy a new elliptical to run on. My days of running on the treadmill or running outside are long gone. I guess I inherited my Daddy's bad knees or something. These past couple of weeks, my right knee has been KILLING me. I was having these sharp pains and awful swelling. I was literally limping and hobbling around like a 90 year old lady! I am feeling tons better now thank goodness. I used to be a runner in high school and I loved it.....I miss it and I so desperately want to start doing it again. That's why I need a good elliptical.....It will be easier on my poor knees, but I will still be able to run and better myself, and get some much needed stress relief. I currently have an elliptical in my house,but my Mama has been wanting to buy it from me forever. So...I told her I would sell her the one I currently have as soon as I get mine paid for, in my house, set-up, and ready to go. :))
  • Get everything unpacked, cleaned, and put away....and keep it like this. I just moved into a beautiful little log cabin.....it's my very first house and I want to take good care of it. I want it to be clean and cute and a place where my friends and family can come and spend quality time with me.
  • I want to start saving money. I am so horrible at this. When my check comes every month I pay my rent and bills but pretty much blow the rest. This is not acceptable and I so need to work on this!
  • I want to take better care of my car. It is constantly a huge mess and I want to clean it out and keep it clean. It's pretty much a huge trash can right now. It's really embarrassing!
  • I want to take better care of myself. Often times I don't eat right, exercise like I should, or get enough sleep. This has got to change! I'm only 25 but most of the time I feel like I'm 85! I want to start drinking my green smoothies again, go gluten free, getting my butt in bed at a decent hour, and of course start working out again....whether it be running or lifting weights, or doing Zumba a couple of times a week.....it is my goal to at least do SOMETHING to get my heart rate up!
  • I want to cut out fast food......maybe not completely {hey....no one's perfect} but I definitely want to stop eating it every week. Here lately.....I have been eating fast food on a DAILY basis.....and that is so not good for me! Not only have I gained weight, but I also feel horrible 99% of the time. I feel tired and just run down. Not to mention it tears my stomach all to pieces. So no more living off of fast food in 2013!
  • I want to get my classroom more organized. When I first started teaching, my room was a COMPLETE MESS from where they let people use it over the summer {don't even get me started on THAT!} so I did the best I could with what little time I had {3-4 days!} But now that I have a couple weeks off from work, I want to go in there and get everything cleaned out and organized and have stuff ready to go for when all my babies come back. I'm really going to step it up this semester!
  • I really want to spend more time on some DIY projects. There are several different projects that I found Pinterest that I am just DYING to try. For instance.....I may or may not be a little {a lot} obsessed with all the different things you can do with wood pallets. Someone is supposed to be dropping off like 30 wood pallets {for FREE....AND he's going to deliver and unload them!!} to me sometime next week and let me just say.....I couldn't be more excited. I have about 20 projects pinned on Pinterest that I am ready to get started on!! {I'm making a bed out of some of them!} PLUS.....if I occupy my mind for a little while....I won't get bored over X-mas break. {For me, boredom leads to depression and bad anxiety.....so I plan to enjoy my break, but still be productive.

    Well friends....that's all I have for right now because I'm super tired and FIGHTING to stay awake. I plan on getting some miles ran on my elliptical sometime tomorrow. It's been awhile since my last run, so please say a little prayer for me. :))

What are some of your goals for 2013?


2 comments:

  1. I am definitely working on saving money. I have been terrible at it but in the last 6 months I did a financial makeover and now I feel like I am finally getting somewhere! Good luck with the rest of your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love for you to join the easy 7-day green smoothie challenge!

    http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com/2012/12/upcoming-new-year-nutrition-kick-off.html

    ReplyDelete