Pages

Friday, November 25, 2011

Thankful

    I hope everyone had a GREAT Thanksgiving! I know I did! I am so very thankful for my sweet family! I really tried to enjoy every second of Thanksgiving at Granny's this year because I know this may be our last Thanksgiving there. Granny {she's actually my Great Granny} is getting on up there in age and she doesn't feel like doing all the cooking like she normally does, so this year my Grandma, aunts, & uncles did all of the cooking. It was still just as good as it usually is, but we didn't have a lot of the same food we usually have every year {fried chocolate pies! YUM!} So, last night, my Mama and I decided we would try to make our own chocolate pies. {They looked nothing like my Granny's, but they tasted pretty good!} I think we did a pretty good job!  :)  After we cleaned up our mess from making the pies, Mama & I watched the movie Christmas Shoes {which ALWAYS makes me cry like a baby!} I'm going to be honest, I am not a big fan of Christmas since all that stuff went down with Bob. Every Christmas, I am left thinking about how I am alone & how Bob is with his happy, seemingly perfect little family. Don't get me wrong, I am thankful for the people I still have in my life and I try to enjoy every Christmas I have with them, but holidays are really hard for me. I know things could be so much worse than they really are, but I always think about how much better/happier things could be had Bobby not been so careless & stupid. I just HOPE & PRAY that I will find someone to marry SOON and I can just let all of this misery/jealousy/hate go.......FOR GOOD!
    Today, we went "Black Friday Shopping" and ended up getting a lot of really good deals. {Especially at Hastings!} I can NEVER go into Hastings and leave empty handed haha! There's just too many treasures in there! I hit the jackpot today with movies! They were having this deal where if you get two used dvd's, you get the third one for just $1. So......I may or may not have gotten Pee Wee's Big Adventure {which was one of my favorite movies as a child.....and I still love it!}, Look Who's Talking Now, The Devil's Rejects, Requiem For A Dream, & The Shining. I also got an adorable Hello Kitty coffee mug! {I'm Hello Kitty OBSESSED!} I found the running shoes I have been wanting at Shoe Show and they were on sale for $39.99. I didn't get them today though. Maybe I can get them with the X-mas money I will be getting. I really hope that I can start running again. I know it will make me feel so much better. I used to LOVE running, but it's been SO LONG since I ran.....I know I will have to take it slow the first few times. I will probably feel like I'm having a heart attack the first few times haha! Oh well....at least I'm trying right?!?  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment