Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Random Sunday Thoughts

    I've come to the realization that I want to make some major changes in my life. I have been wanting to change A LOT of things about my life, but last night, it really hit me like a ton of bricks that I cannot go on living my life like this. I cannot go on doing bad things to myself and making things so much worse than they should be. I should love myself more than that & tomorrow is definitely going to be Day 1 of my new and improved life. I mean, no things are not the way I had expected them/wanted them to be, but I have so many great things/people in my life & it's time for me to really start enjoying all the blessings that God has bestowed upon me. I want to start this new phase of my life by cleaning up/cleaning out my home. I know this would make me feel SO MUCH BETTER! Everything is so messy, cluttered, and out of control and honestly, this makes me feel so much worse. If it was nice and clean in my home, I know I would feel so much better about other aspects of my life. So.....I am just going to take things one step at a time and slowly began to get my life put back together. I have so many wonderful things in my life and I really want to enjoy them and be truly happy.
   I am also starting to work out more often and to take better care of myself physically. Honestly, some days I feel like I am 80 years old because I constantly feel tired, out of breath, depressed, alone, etc. I am only 24 years old and I should not be feeling this way. So, as I mentioned above, I am going to take things one step at a time and make the necessary changes to make myself feel like a healthy, 24 year old woman should feel. I am going to watch what I eat (which means cutting back on the junk food!), start lifting weights because I honestly love to lift weights. It makes me feel so much stronger and healthier. I want to try to do more cardio and I would love to start running some mornings before I go to work. I really think this would be a GREAT way to start my day! I know it would definitely make me feel better, not only physically, but I would have more self confidence. (And goodness knows I need as much of that as I can  get!)
    I really want to start getting back into the habit of going to church & bible study (Wednesday nights). I always feel so much better when I've heard the word of God and spent time worshipping with other people. It really does my heart and soul good. Life seems much easier and less complicated when you have God in your life.
    Today, I started writing in my journal again. The last entry I had was from July! I honestly don't know why I haven't written in so long, because I love writing! Writing and blogging are sometimes the most therapeutic things. They allow me to put my feelings out there and sometimes I realize things about myself that I might not have known had I not written/blogged about it.
    I am really going to give this 110%. I want my life back! I want to give my all to my family, good friends, students, coworkers, and anyone else that is or may become a part of my life. I feel like I haven't been doing my best or giving all of myself to the things/people that are most important to me, so it's time to change that. Please keep me in your prayers while I try to get my life put back together. :)  Happy Sunday Everyone! Hope y'all have had an amazing weekend! 


P.S. Here lately, I have been rocking my natural wavy hair instead of killing it straightening it with the flat iron. What do you think?  :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment