Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2011

In Another Life I was....

A Hippie. A nature loving, free spirited, wild child. In my other life, I had long, flowing hair and sported a flower crown. I went to musical festivals, such as Woodstock & danced to the music that defined the times. My heart didn't belong to one person....I loved many. I never conformed to what society wanted me to be.....I danced to the beat of my own drum. Gone were the days of having to watch what I say & do because I might not get that teaching job I went to college for. I was completely free. No worries of what people thought of me. I never made plans....I just went with the flow. I'd go wherever the wind blew me. I lived for today, because I knew better than others that tomorrow is not promised. Depression did not exist in my world, because why waste one day of my beautiful life being depressed? I didn't live to meet the expectations of loved ones.....I lived only to meet the expectations of the most important person in my life.....myself. What a beautiful life I had.
I've always been somewhat of a free spirit, but I know that I can never be completely free because of real life situations, such as having a job, paying my bills, and existing in a world that is obsessed with titles. Everyone expects you to do normal things like go to college, get a job, get married, buy a house, & have children. Don't get me wrong, I want those things too.....but wouldn't it be awesome if we lived in a world where we could just be ourselves. I mean we can only truly be ourselves to a certain extent because it seems like there is always someone watching, just waiting for you to make a mistake so they can hold it against you forever. You can never just completely let go, because when you do, it winds up on facebook for the whole world to see. What I wouldn't give to live in the 60's.....before facebook....in a time when everything was changing and people were embracing those changes.
Ok....enough of my complaining.  :)   I found this really cool book and had my Mom order it for me. It's called Survival In The 21st Century: Planetary Healers Manual by Viktoras Kulvinskas. This book was really popular in the 60's and 70's. {It has since been updated}. It contains information about a living foods diet, as well as alternative therapies. I am so excited to read this. I love love love stuff like this. I am always looking for a way to improve my health and well being, since half of the time I feel sick or depressed. I am looking forward to a positive lifestyle change that will make me feel good as new. *My health {and my sanity} depends on it! *



I am IN LOVE with A Hippie Heart! It's an etsy shop that has vintage clothing! If I had the $, I would wear nothing but the clothes on this site! Here are some of my favorite things:










Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment