Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Heart Therapy


It's been awhile since I've blogged. Things here have not been too good. So, I definitely need some Heart Therapy this week. Be sure to link up with Eisy Morgan.

This week's prompt is to write about your hopes & dreams. Wow....for a very long time {and I'm still struggling with it} I thought that even thinking about my hopes & dreams was just a complete waste of time. I mean, hadn't they already been destroyed? Hadn't my plans already fell through? I planned that by now, I would be married to my high school sweetheart, have an awesome teaching job, have a nice home of our own, and most importantly, have the baby that I so long for. Well.....it didn't quite happen like that. You see, when you screw up in college & party too much & it takes you 5 + years to graduate, by the time you are out, the need for teachers is no more. So, you're left subbing for almost a year and STILL are not able to find a teaching job. Secondly, when your high school sweetheart gets some chick pregnant & marries her on what was supposed to be yours and his wedding day.....you're left thinking now what? I've devoted myself to this person for 6 years and now I'm left alone feeling like no one will ever love me again. And the whole baby & house thing.....well obviously you can't have either of these things unless you have a man & a job. SO.......with all that being said, I am slowly but surely starting to realize that maybe these hopes and dreams aren't completely dead. Maybe.....just maybe I will get them....just not in the way I thought I would. And if I'm lucky.....I'll still have my sanity by the time I achieve these things. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment