Pages

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sunday Blessings

Today is a rainy, dark day. It started off good. I got up and went to church with some friends. I haven’t been to church in a very long time, so it was good to go and hear a powerful, uplifting sermon. One of the reasons I stopped going to my old church was because I felt the preacher was a hypocrite and was so judgmental of others, when he should have been examining his own life. Also, the church I grew up in is very “set in their ways” and most of them believe that if you’re not part of their church, you’re not going to Heaven. {Which is so ridiculous!} So, as I said, I went with some friends of mine and it was truly a blessing. I’m so thankful for my friends and the fact that they encouraged me to go to church, instead of encouraging “other things.” I really am trying to “turn over a new leaf” & I’m not going to lie, it’s been extremely hard to change EVERYTHING. But, little by little, I am seeing the positive changes that I have been working towards & for that I am thankful. I have been doing my daily devotional, and that has helped tremendously. I have also been reading The Bible. I love reading The Bible, because it honestly gives me the strength I need to get through these hard times and to keep the faith and know that everything’s going to be alright. Things are going to work out the way they are supposed to. I just have to be patient and willing to open up my heart and let go of all the things that are keeping me down. I plan to go to church more often, because it really does the soul good to worship with others & it really did my soul good knowing that not only did I receive a blessing by going to church, but that God was rejoicing because I did.


I need to clean today, but honestly don’t feel like it. All I feel like doing right now, at this very moment, is lying on the heat pad and reading Stephen King. It’s one of THOSE days. Those “Crampy Campers Days” {you know like when you say “someone’s not a happy camper…..well today….I’m a crampy camper ha ha!} Hopefully tomorrow will be better, although it’s supposed to rain all day. I really dislike days when it’s dark and rainy outside. It does not help my depression at all. However, I know that we need the rain, so I’ll just be thankful for that and my sunny skies will hopefully be back on Wednesday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment