Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pink Champagne

Tomorrow at exactly 6:45 p.m. I will officially be 24 years old. Obviously tomorrow is Sunday, so I won't be partying too hard {HaHa} which is why I celebrated last night with some of my closest friends. I went to my friend V's house yesterday afternoon, and our friends L & T were there. We sat on the back deck and talked while enjoying a few beers. Then V asked me what I wanted to drink. I knew better than to get anything hard, because I really didn't feel like sitting in a corner SOBBING about how horrible life is {which is ALWAYS what I do if I drink whiskey, vodka, etc.} It's my birthday & by gosh I wanted to be happy and celebrate with my good friends......not cry! So, I decided on champagne because it always makes me feel a little silly. {Plus I like how bubbly it is!} L & I went to get the drinks and when we got there & were looking at all the choices, I decided I wanted pink champagne. A.) Because I had never had it, but always wanted to try it & B.) Because it just seemed like a drink you would celebrate with. "Hey! It's Chianne's birthday, lets celebrate with some pink champagne!" HaHa! I think the rule last night was "The Birthday Girl's cup always has to be filled." As soon as I would finish a glass, someone was up pouring me another! {I didn't complain though! In fact, I didn't complain much about ANYTHING last night HaHa!} We then watched the movie "Bridesmaids" and oh my goodness.....if you haven't seen it yet WATCH IT NOW! It's so hilarious! Definitely a good movie to watch with all your best girls! I ended up crashing on V's couch for the night & woke up early this morning to have some coffee with the girls. It was a PERFECT night!

As I am sitting here drinking my home-made mocha coconut frap. I can't help but think about all the things my 23rd year brought. Even though the past few years have been tough, I am very thankful for everything in my life. I mean, I graduated college & got my license to teach in my 23rd year. For the most part, I have been healthy. I have made some new, life-long friends in my 23rd year. I met the most amazing kids on earth {while student teaching} in my 23rd year. There have been up's and downs throughout the whole year, but I am very thankful for EVERYTHING that's happened because I know it's all part of a plan that's bigger than me and more wonderful than I could ever imagine....His plan. Where I am right now in my life is right where He wants me to be. I know there are so many wonderful things coming my way, because I have given EVERYTHING up to Him......and He will provide.  (:

God has put it on my heart that I need to take better care of myself. {Physically, spiritually, and emotionally}. I have mentioned that I have been going to church and that has helped me so much, but I need to be doing something for my body. That's why this coming week, I will begin a new {healthy} way of living. I have all my meals planned out, as well as my workouts. I will be working out with weights again {which I LOVE} and doing Zumba. I know that for the first few days, it's going to be tough because I am so out of shape, but it will be well worth it. I know I will feel so much better {and look better!} and when I feel good physically, I know I will feel good emotionally. Plus exercising makes you happy! (:  And I so want to be a truly happy and healthy person. Please pray that I am able to stick with this and make some positive changes in my life.

2 comments:

  1. Pink Champagne? Sounds wonderful! I'm passing on the Versatile Blogger Award to you. Check it out here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday you!!! Thanks for joining FUN (my blog). So excited to have another reader. Your blog header is adorable by the way. Your pictures are so super cute!

    ReplyDelete