Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

I'm As Free As A Bird Now.....

That's right....today's a Lynyrd Skynyrd type of day and what's the best Skynyrd song EVER???  FREE BIRD!! I love that song so so much....you have no idea exactly HOW MUCH! For one thing, it's Cannon County's Anthem haha! {Believe me.....it fits!} There have also been so many nights {when I was younger} and I wouldn't be feeling like myself after I left this certain bar and I would play Free Bird in my Camaro and just put the pedal to the floor and "fly". Not too smart, I know....but this is the best song to "fly" to. I am always joking with my Mama by telling her that I am getting a rebel flag tattooed on my butt with "Free Bird" written beside it haha! {She doesn't think it's too funny!} I have seen Skynyrd twice and they are AMAZING to say the least. One of those times I don't really remember a whole lot about the show, but I do know that I was surrounded by good friends and we had an amazing time. THAT'S something I'll never forget!

These past few days, I have really been embracing who I am, instead of trying to be somebody else. THIS IS ME......I'm not perfect. I don't have a perfect life. People aren't lined up at my door or kissing my rear all the time. But ya know what.....that's ok....because at least I'm 100% real. I'm not fake.....I don't talk about people behind their backs and then be nice to their faces. What you see is what you get. That's what my friends love about me.....they know that I will never turn around and talk about them behind their backs.....because if I have something to say to them {even something I know they aren't going to like} I will say it to their face. They never have to guess with me....they always know how I feel about them. If I like you......then you will know it......if I don't like you.....there will be no bones about it......I will let you know immediately how I feel about you. Maybe that's a bad thing.....maybe it's a good thing......who knows? I would much rather someone tell me up front how they feel about me so I don't have to guess. Maybe that's just me. Anyways......what brought all this on is there is someone I know {I won't mention names} that everyone seems to be obsessed with. They are always on her facebook or reading her blog because she seems to have this wonderful, perfect life. They kiss her ass {and I'm being nice when I say this!} But she is nothing but a spoiled, selfish you know what. And yes...she does talk about EVERYONE behind their backs. {I know because she has done it to me and I've heard her do it.......even about her own friends}. So anyways....people are obsessed with this girl and having her life and I have to admit there for awhile I was too.....until I realized what kind of person she really was.......she's rotten to the core.....and guess what.....I don't want to be that....not for a minute......even if it means me having good things in my life. I would much rather be known as a good, honest person, than someone who is two-faced and is selfish and spoiled. NO THANK YOU! I am who I am......and I don't really care if no one looks at my facebook or reads my blog....those things are for ME anyways. And who wants people all up in their biz anyways....not me. I try to get AWAY from that. Even one of my best friends has been kissing this girls you know what. She can comment on her stuff and "like her statuses" but she can't write me back for nothing. Well....you know what....that's fine.......I don't really care......I did care.....but now I don't because it's like my Mama said....at least I had the guts to leave my hometown and start over somewhere else when these other people didn't. Those are the people who are kissing her butt.....the people who are still stuck in my hometown doing the same pathetic things they were doing when we were in high school. So no.....I may not have the things I want......I may not have ANYTHING I WANTED TO HAVE BY NOW.....but you know what.....at least I am honest, kind hearted, and had the guts to leave something that was familiar to me for something that was unfamiliar & for some time, uncomfortable to me. And I did it.....I graduated with a degree in ECE, which is what I started out for. So for that.....I am proud of myself. Anyways.....just felt like I needed to get that off my chest. It's been bothering me for awhile and I have kept my mouth shut about it.....in fact I have kept my mouth shut about a lot of things {in real life and on this blog} but it's time for me to start being honest and start getting real with myself and everyone else about how I feel. I mean this blog is for me right? So I am going to write about the things that I am REALLY FEELING or REALLY THINKING about.  :-P Sorry if that offends anyone......if it does....don't read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment