Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Theme Song Thursday!

  


Yep....it's that time again! I feel like I've missed out on so much this week {WILW & Misc. Monday} because my laptop totally died and went to laptop heaven! I am now typing this post on a new one {this makes my THIRD laptop in less than 5 years!} Hopefully I won't have to buy one anytime soon!


Anyways.....I am currently obsessed with a new band called Pistol Annies. If you haven't heard of them yet, youtube them right now! They are AMAZING. The band consists of Miranda Lambert, Ashley Monroe, and Angaleena Presley. They are each a different Annie, for example, Miranda is known as "Lone Star Annie," Ashley is "Hippie Annie," and Angaleena is "Holler Annie." Their new song is called "Hell On Heels" & it is AWESOME!!! I LOVE Miranda Lambert & this band is great & sounds like actual country music! I don't like a lot of today's country because it doesn't sound country anymore! I love 80's and 90's country because it's actually that......COUNTRY. I've always loved Miranda's voice and she is definitely a country girl like me. We like to smoke, drink beer, fish, shoot guns, big trucks, ripped jeans & boots, etc. "Hell On Heels" is great & you should definitely listen to it, but that's not my theme song for this week. Pistol Annies have a song called "Takin Pills" & I swear this song was written about me lol! I'm going to post the video, as well as the lyrics. :)







"Takin Pills" --Pistol Annies

She's on the highest dose of prozac a woman can take,
She's likes to pop her pain pills with every little ache,
She's got a Tennessee mountain point of view,
If your gonna have one might as well have two

Raised up right in the hills of Kentucky,
No she ain't gonna smile til she lights up her lucky,
No filter on her mouth or her cigerettes
Oh baby what your lookin' at is what you get

Yeah we owe 400 dollars to the boys in the band
Gas lights blinking on our broke down van
We're living on truck stop burgers and fries
Crossing our fingers for a vacancy sign
Now who in the hell is gonna pay these bills
When one's drinking, ones smoking, ones taking pills

She's a root tootin' pistol from the lonestar state
She's mixes up a double at the break of everyday
She might get crazy but she don't get mean
Until some drunk cowboy asks her to sing

Yeah we owe 400 dollars to the boys in the band
Gas lights blinking on our broke down van
We're living on truck stop burgers and fries
Crossing our fingers for a vacancy sign
Now who in the hell is gonna pay these bills
When one's drinking, one's smoking, one's taking pills

Now we ain't ashamed of who we are
We like fast men and cheap guitars
Ain't trying to get rich just trying to get by
By playing for tips on a saturday night

We owe 400 dollars to the boys in the band
Gas lights blinking on our broke down van
We're living on truck stop burgers and fries
Crossing our fingers for a vacancy sign
Now who in the hell is gonna be pay these bills
When one's drinking, one's smoking, one's taking pills


These chicks are awesome and I can't wait til their CD comes out! I'm definitely going to be getting that!

Happy Thursday Y'all!









1 comment:

  1. awesome song! p.s. I love their name too. and 3rd laptop in 5 years! whew! i'd love a new laptop, what's your trick?!
    thanks for linking up! LOVE your blog!

    ReplyDelete