Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

One Day My Soul Just Opened Up

Today was a pretty typical day. I subbed again in Cannon County & I had 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th graders all throughout the day. I am definitely glad I chose to teach the littles. They don't give as much attitude as the older kids do. Plus, they always love on Ms. Chianne and are just super sweet. I love it! There's nothing better than getting hugs throughout the day and hearing "I love you Ms. Chianne."  It's the best feeling in the world!

I started reading this amazing book that one of my best friends gave me. It's called One Day My Soul Just Opened Up by Iyanla Vanzant. It's a "40 day and 40 night devotional towards spiritual strength and personal growth." Even though it's actually a devotional, I've just been reading it straight through, because I honestly cannot put it down. It's so powerful and insightful. There have been so many things I have read in it and I'm thinking "Oh my goodness....that's so me!" I think my plan is to just keep reading straight through, and then go back and do the daily devotionals. If you haven't read it yet, you should definitely look into getting it. So far, it's AMAZING and could just be the life changing tool that I need.

I also read a little bit of Chicken Soup For The Teacher's Soul and oh my goodness....I'm going to have to find a way to get my hands on my own copy! It was in the teacher's class I was subbing for today and I wanted so badly to finish reading it. I stinkin love those books. I may just ask for some of them for Christmas.  :)

I got a call from one of my ex's today and to say I was shocked would be an understatement. I haven't heard from him in some time now, so when I saw his name pop up on my phone I was like "WHAT?!?" Anyways, we talked for 20 minutes and just got caught up on each others lives. He was one of those people that I knew really loved me, but I also knew it would be a long time before he was ready for marriage {if he's ever ready}. Plus, we were so completely opposite on so many levels.....the odds were against us from the get go. The conversation was very casual and we didn't get into anything deep. {Thank goodness}.

And last, but not least.....I may or may not have eaten a piece two pieces of red velvet cake today. Ahhh...I've done so horrible on my diet. I hope I can get back to it tomorrow. I'm thinking about doing a cleanse. Any good ones I should know about?


No comments:

Post a Comment