Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2011

"You"

 Ok...there's a song called "You" and it's by a little band called Evanescence. The song is one of my most favorite songs ever written. I'm going to post the lyrics here in a minute, but right now I just want to say that EVANESCENCE IS COMING TO NASHVILLE IN AUGUST & I WANT TO GO!!!!!! This has been one of my favorite bands since I first heard them my sophomore year of high school. Amy Lee {lead singer} is the most beautiful woman I've ever seen!! Not to mention, she is THE BEST FEMALE SINGER HANDS DOWN! I honestly don't know how I'm going to get to that concert, but I have GOT TO FIND A WAY TO GO!! I mean, this is like when I heard the Chili Peppers were coming to Nashville. {And those of you who know me, know THAT was a huge deal to me!} The only thing is......Evanescence was kind of mine & Bobby's thing. We loved them and we loved the song "You". Going to that concert without my best friend & fellow Evanescene lover would be so damn sad. It's bittersweet ya know. On the one hand, I want to stinkin go and see them! I've loved them forever & here's my chance. On the other hand, the whole time I'm there, I'm gonna be thinking "Bob would have loved this." or "Me & Bob loved that song." UGH! I wish that I was just a selfish, uncaring person so I wouldn't care what "Bob would love" or miss him and wish he was there with me. Sometimes I think those people who have hearts of stone and just do whatever the heck they want to....really have it made!

Anyways......here are a few pics of gorgeous Amy and the rest of the band:


 BTW....I'm growing my hair out & dying it black. Everyone can kiss my ass. :)

 My favorite pic of her!

 I want these angel wings to wear!



"You"--Evanescence

The words have been drained from this pencil,


Sweet words that I want to give you.

And I can't sleep, I need to tell you

Goodnight.



When we're together I feel perfect,

When I'm pulled away from you, I fall apart,

All you say is sacred to me,

Your eyes are so blue, I can't look away,

As we lay in the stillness, you whisper to me:



Amy, marry me, promise you'll stay with me

Oh you don't have to ask me,

You know you're all that I live for,

you know i'd die just to hold you, stay with you,

Some how I'll show you, that you are my night sky

I've always been right behind you,

Now I'll always be right beside you



(Instrumental)



So many nights I've cried myself to sleep

But now that you love me i love my self.

I never thought i would say this,

I never thought there'd be...you.





*The last verse gets me everytime!*
 


1 comment:

  1. hey! new reader here and I love that you said you are growing your hair out and dying it black. My natural color is DARK DARK brown but I have bleached it blonde for YEARS. I FINALLY went back to my dark almost black hair and LOOOOOOOOOOVE it.

    Dark hair is so exotic! I mean, just look at the Kardashians :)

    ReplyDelete