Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

Misc. Monday

Write random & link up with Carissa!

Today is July 25 and on this day 3 years ago, I was supposed to marry my high school sweetheart {however, he married someone else on this day.....bummer!} It's kinda crazy to think of how different my life would be right now had I married him. Would I be happy? Content? Would we have a baby by now? So many questions that will forever remain unanswered. This day gets easier to deal with every year though, and for that, I am thankful

I channeled my frustrations into a poem early this morning. {Well....it's a poem/short story}. It came to me when I was still in bed, and I just had to get up and get it all down on paper. It totally relates to my life {specifically my last relationship} and is somewhat humorous. After I finished writing it, I felt a sense of pride. I had forgotten how good it felt to write poetry {and also how good I was at it!} I started writing poems when I was in the 8th grade and produced "books" of all my poems. As I got older, and life became a little bit more complicated than the middle school drama I had first written about, I began to keep a private journal of my poems, because let's face it, at the time.....they were very real, honest, and heartbreaking. I hadn't written in a couple of years until this morning.....and I think I've unleashed the secret poet within me.

I may or may not have gotten Ben & Jerry's Red Velvet Cake Ice Cream. I just knew it was going to be soooo good.....and boy was I right. HEAVEN.



Happy Monday Everyone! Don't forget to link up!



No comments:

Post a Comment