Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tuesday Thoughts/Ramblings

Happy Tuesday Everyone! Man it's a hot one today! I drove out to my parent's house to clean for them this morning and by the time I got there I was DRENCHED! My car has air conditioning, but it runs pretty rough when I have the air on, so I just roll down the windows and suffer through the heat! It's about a 30 minute drive from my apartment to my mom & dad's, so needless to say when I got there, my clothes were stuck to me! Don't get me wrong, I would much rather it be hot outside than cold, I just wish we were able to enjoy the warm weather without melting/suffocating!

I finished reading the book "Stand By Your Man" which was an autobiography of the great Tammy Wynette. Before I began reading this book, I wasn't sure if I would really "get into it" or not, but it turns out I could not put the darn thing down! I had no idea what an amazing, classy woman she was/is! I would definitely reccommend this book to anyone! {Even if you don't like her music, she's still an amazing woman who's lived an interesting life!} I have now started the book "Whispers" by Dean Koontz. So far it's really good & it's definitely "right up my alley!" I can already tell that it's one of those books that will have me up at 2 in the morning, unable to put it down! {That's not a bad thing either mind you......there's nothing better than losing myself in a good book!}

Here lately I have been feeling SO HUNGRY!! {No....I'm not pregnant!!} But seriously.....I can't get enough to eat. If I had the money, I would go to Camino {for the 3rd time this week} and get a chicken chimichanga {sp??} and an order of cheese dip! Mmmmm......that sounds so good!! I feel like I have nothing at my apartment to eat, so here lately I've been spending $$ {too much $$} on going out to eat! I'm going to have to get my appetite under control before I gain 100 pounds & go bankrupt haha!

I'm still on the hunt for a job. It seems like I'm NEVER going to find a teaching job! {Which is very frustrating since I went to school for five years & worked my little butt off to get my degree & license!} I know something will come along when it's supposed to & I just have to trust God & know that He is in control of my life, not me. Sometimes that's a really hard thing for me to swallow because I'm such a control freak! I am constantly reminding myself that even though I have control over some things.....God is in the driver seat and I am merely a passenger on the road of life. It would help me so much if I found a good church home. I am going to start looking around for a church to call "home." A church where I can place my membership and become involved, as well as meet new {positive} people to be around. Please pray that I am able to overcome some of the obstacles that are holding me back and keeping me from the happy life that I know God wants me to live. I want to make some big changes in my life & I know it starts with placing everything in God's hands & finding a place to worship Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment