Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Reunited


Yesterday was a GREAT day. One of my old besties from high school came to see me. I literally hadn't seen her since her wedding in 2008. So needless to say....it was much needed time together! It was so good seeing her gorgeous face & catching up with her. I'm so THANKFUL that I was able to spend some time with her. {Love you Chels!}




I finally cleaned up the apartment {somewhat}. I still need to finish a couple of dishes {which is no big deal considering all the dishes I washed yesterday! I also need to organize what I lovingly call the junk room. Since I was having company....I may or may not have thrown a few piles of clothes & other randoms into the junk room. ;) Oh well....that's what a junk room is for right? I'm learning that I don't have to be little Ms. Organized....because I've never been that way.....and chances are....I never will. Don't get me wrong, I would love to get some things cleaned and organized in my apartment......but so what if it's not perfect......it's my space & I'm happy with it & that's really all that matters.



As I cleaned yesterday, I had some old friends to keep me company:





Good ol Paul & Art! I also played some Elvis too! It's just good, motivational music! {And I sure hope no one was looking through my window or they would have seen me dancing like an idiot!} :) Oh well....it was fun & it helped me get my house clean.



Although I had SO MUCH FUN last night, I couldn't help but miss Bob. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think about him. I wonder if he's ok....if he's happy....if he ever thinks about me. He was my life for five years. I'm learning to not dwell on the things I can't change...& that's definitely one of them. It's hard not to blame myself & think "If I'd only done this....." or "I wish I hadn't said that." Forgiving myself has been a hard & has taken time & it's something I have to do everyday in order to have hope for a better tomorrow. Sometimes forgiving & letting go is the only way to free yourself .



I'm going to church tomorrow with one of my friends. I've never been to this church, so I'm very eager to check it out. I've definitely been looking for a church home. I am thankful that my friend invited me to go with her. :)



God has been at work in my life for some time now. So many times I have questioned why some people have it so easy and happiness is just something that falls right into their laps, while others struggle everyday and fight to not let the darkness overcome them. But, I'm letting all of this go......God has a plan for me & I know that he loves me & wants me to be happy. There have been times when I thought that he left me or didn't care for me....but I know in my heart that my God was right there with me through every-single-thing : heartbreaks, loss of loved ones, when my depression took over, physical struggles.....everything. I'm so glad that God is unchanging & most of all that he is forgiving.




Happy Saturday Bloggy Friends! Hope everyone has a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment