Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Cosmic Love

I'll start this post by telling everyone about last night. I got a call and was asked to babysit for the little boy that I had picked up from school the past few weeks. Of course I said yes. {I had been missing him!} He had been invited to a party at one of his little classmate's home's, so when his Mom & Grandparent's left, I took him to the party. His classmate's home was GORGEOUS! It was an old house {I love old houses} and the whole backyard was nothing but gardens, ponds, swings, and what they called a "bamboo forest". It was the absolute most beautiful backyard I have ever seen in my life. His classmate lives with her grandparents {who were super sweet people} and as the children played, I sat on the screened in back porch with them, talking and watching the birds. It was so peaceful. I thought of how much better I would feel if I had somewhere like that to go everyday. A place to go and "clear my head." How nice would that be? We ended up roasting hot dogs and then making s-mores. Honestly I don't think I've ever had a s-more in my life until last night & I don't really know why because it was one of the best things I've ever put in my mouth! I'm not a huge marshmallow fan at all but combined with melted chocolate.....YUM!! It was an all around good night! I'm so glad I met those wonderful people and was able to visit their gorgeous home!
I have discovered that I am a fan of Florence and the Machine! Love Love Love the song "Cosmic Love" {which is playing on my blog}. It is such a gorgeous song! I also love Adele. I went out to eat tonight with someone ;) & then we went to Barnes & Noble. Well.......when we walked in they were playing Adele's newest CD........needless to say this will be a night that I definitely won't be forgetting & I WILL be downloading some more of Adele's songs. {I already have 2 of them.} Tonight was wonderful and I couldn't have asked for a better night. I think sometimes I put so much emphasis on being married and having a baby that I forget to enjoy the "here & now." Well....I most definitely enjoyed tonight. I haven't smiled that much in a long time. I hope *he* stays around for awhile. ;) Alright...it's officially Sunday now so I'm off to bed. I hope every one's having a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment