Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

A Change Is Gonna Come

Wow! Sometimes life can be really crazy! Last night was one of those really crazy moments that make me realize as much as I want to....I can't plan EVERYTHING in my life! This is definitely a hard concept for me to grasp because I am a total control freak! I love having everything organized & planned out ahead of time. You would think that by now I would have realized that I cannot plan all of the things in my life. I can just have an open mind & heart & be prepared for whatever comes my way. Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. Sometimes I get so frustrated with how things are in my life at the moment. Don't get me wrong, I am very thankful for all the many blessings I have, but sometimes I get so tired of always waiting. Waiting for a good man to come into my life....waiting for a good job offer to come along.... waiting for the kids that I so desperately want to have. I know that all these things will happen when they are supposed to & in the mean time, I just need to talk to God & let him have control of everything. Here lately, I have been praying for patience (because I am the most impatient woman you will ever meet!) & honestly it really has helped. I feel more at peace with myself & with the situations I have been dealing with. This is probably my favorite verses from the bible because it seems to address the situation I have been dealing with for awhile now. It brings me peace & comfort. :) "And don't be wishing you were someplace else or with someone else. Where you are right now is God's place for you. Live and obey & love & believe right there. God, not your marital status defines your life." 1 Corinthians 7:17

It has been cold & rainy outside since yesterday morning. :( I'm so ready for another pretty, spring day! Kobe seems to be feeling better. He hasn't been sick in the past week or so. I think his new cat food is doing the trick. Plus, I have started brushing him more often so maybe he can avoid those awful hairballs. YUCK! This Wednesday is my Daddy's birthday. I know for certain what I am getting him! I'm really excited about his gift & I hope he loves it!

So, I thought that yesterday was going to be my last day with the little boy I have been babysitting, but it turns out that his Mama will need me on Monday & Tuesday of this week, so we have a couple more days together. He's a sweet kid! I plan to clean up the apartment this week. It's starting to look a mess again & I can't stand that! I also want to get started on a couple of projects that I've really been wanting to do. I also want to go to the library & get a card so I can check out some new books. I've never been to the library here in the boro. It's HUGE & it's close to my apartment, so I definitely want to get the ball rolling on that. I have been reading NON-STOP here lately & I LOVE IT! There's nothing better than forgettting your problems for awhile & getting lost in a good book! (I know....I'm a HUGE DORK!) ;) Well, I'm fixing to head to my parent's house & spend the night with them tonight. Poor Kobe...he's going to be so mad when he has to get in his carrier haha! I hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment