Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A New Life....A New Love....

Yesterday....my best friend of 18 years gave birth to her first child...a girl named Elvia Lilith Gonzalez. She is 6 pounds 1 ounce & the most beautiful little baby girl ever. I got a text while I was at work yesterday morning saying that they were going to be having the baby that day & I was THRILLED! Within a few hours she was here! I drove to the hospital that night to meet my new niece, but nothing could prepare me for the flood of emotions that came over me when I first saw her. As Jessica & I were standing there looking at her precious baby through the nursery window, I couldn't hold back the tears. At that moment I was filled with so much joy & love. My best friend and I have literally been through everything together and now here we are standing together looking at her newborn baby. It was a beautiful and perfect moment that I will never forget. (And Elvia i'm writing this for you too my sweet girl). I also wanted to write a quick note to my beautiful niece that she can look back on and have for years to come.

My Dearest Elvia,
You are now a day old & you are oh so beautiful. As I held you last night, I couldn't believe how much you look like your mother. Your mommy and I have been best, good (only) friends since Kindergarten and we have literally been through everything together. I hope that you find a best friend like I found in your mother. I hope you find someone to watch Dumb & Dumber with a million + times, someone who you can pull down with you when you fall (because if you have your mom's balance my sweet girl you will fall a lot during your life), someone to stay up late with and eat countless bags of Funyuns with, someone to quote stupid movies with over & over and laugh (even when everyone else is sick of it), someone who will be there for you during the good times, and even the bad times, someone who will love you for the beautiful little girl you are. Your Mom has been that person for me sweet girl and I pray that you find that person too. I love you so much & I will always be here for you. We are going to have so many good times together. I have so many funny stories to tell you about your mother and I. ;) Aunt Chi loves you Elvia!

1 comment:

  1. So sweet, Chianne! I literally teared up at how precious this is and then giggled when you mentioned Jess's balance! I love this!

    ReplyDelete