Pages

Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday, August 6th

Today is Friday August 6th. It would have been Lucille Ball's birthday! I sure do love that spunky little redhead! She's my favorite! Who knows...maybe I will dye my hair "Lucy Red" before I start my student teaching this fall. I need a new look anyways. :) I am very much looking forward to student teaching this semester. Not only is it going to give me a chance to actually see what teaching everyday is like, but it will be an awesome opportunity for me to meet & get to know new kids. Sometimes I forget why I chose this profession, but as soon as I walk into a classroom, I remember why I chose to be "Ms. Chianne." Teaching is such a rewarding profession. Children are amazing & they look up to you. I want to be one of those teachers that when the kids get older, they come back to see me every year. I had a few teachers like this, but not very many. In fact, one of the main reasons I am becoming a teacher was because of my fifth grade teacher. I will never forget her (and believe me this is not a good thing!) She embarrassed me in front of the whole class for no reason at all. She made me sing in front of everyone because she THOUGHT I was talking during a program we had at school that day. Those of you who know me know that this was definitely not the case. I am a very shy person, and when I was little I never did anything that would get me in trouble with my parents. So anyways, she thought that she had heard me & my best friends at the time talking & laughing, but it was the kids in front of us who were doing this. She made me & 2 of my other friends SING IN FRONT OF THE CLASS! This was my worst nightmare! I was a very shy kid (I still am) and I NEVER talked out loud in class (still don't). I went home crying that day. I will remember that for the rest of my life! I definitely do not want to be a teacher like her. I would never embarrass my children. That makes them dread coming to school & I want them to look forward to coming into my classroom. Anyways....now that I got that out of my system...Sunday is my best friend (Lyn's) birthday. She will be the big 300 (HaHa) (30). I hope that she has a wonderful birthday this year. It sucks that I won't get to spend it with her like I did last year, but I will be able to talk to her, which is better than nothing. Blayne starts school soon. He will be going to Trousdale County School. I hope he has a wonderful year & makes tons of new friends. He will do great! I'm so proud of my little Gus! My sweet Mam's birthday was this week also. I miss her so much, but I know she is so happy now! She's with her sweet Dale again, & she's with my sweet Papa. I know she's smiling down on me right now. :) Happy Birthday sweet Mam.

No comments:

Post a Comment